What’s the difference between a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a Nutritionist?
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). For more information regarding the examination, refer to CDR’s website at www.cdrnet.org.
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration
- The label or title of Nutritionist in unregulated and requires no specific training or credentials. It can be adopted by anyone regardless of specific training, qualifications, standards of practice or ethics.
What does my first consultation with A Dietitians’ Exchange LLC include?
The initial consultation begins with a discussion to understand your desired health goals. Then the specifics of a nutritional & dietary plan are devised to ensure you achieve the maximum physical and mental health possible.
How long do the consultations last?
Consultation durations vary depending on the nutritional goals that are being tackled and the stage of development the client is at. Since plans are individualized follow up depends on the specific needs discussed and decided upon during the initial consultation.
What is the “DIET ALTERNATIVE”?
The DIET ALTERNATIVE is a scientifically based, personally designed, meal regimen focused on mindful eating. It supports significant weight loss and optimizes health through Whole Food, Wellness Nutrition and does not use Pills or Injections. With over 25 years of success, the DIET ALTERNATIVE provides lasting results.
Contact us anytime via email! Our friendly & knowledgeable staff are available by phone to answer your questions Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm.